United Airlines said on Tuesday that it would give iPads to its 11000 pilots for use as flight manuals. The airline will save 326000 gallons of jet fuel a year in the switch from heavy paper manuals.
See more here:
United Pilots Get iPad Flight Manuals – NYTimes.com
- Tablet Buyers Only Want the iPad, Report Says – NYTimes.com
- Travel Adventures From Your iPad – NYTimes.com
- Speak 'N Spell for the iPad Generation – NYTimes.com
- Another 15 Minutes of Fame for an iPad Case – NYTimes.com
- iPad Kneeboard Sport mount was designed for pilots in mind | Ubergizmo